The Formulation Development Scientist position advertised by CS Executive Group is a full-time position based in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
The client is a well-known multinational company that provides integrated solutions to a wide range of industries including pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer health and specialty chemicals markets globally. In Australia the company produces products that enhance and preserve both the long-term performance and appearance of natural and synthetic materials—whilst simultaneously protecting a material to which the product has been applied from microbiological degradation or defacement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced formulation chemist to join the client’s growing team of development scientists. The R&D facility is based in the western suburbs of Melbourne and the position of Formulation Development Scientist directly reports to the Technical Lead who also works within the facility.
In this role, the successful applicant will contribute to the growth of our client’s portfolio by focusing on formulating products intended for use in the Asia-Pacific region. This growth will be achieved by executing product development strategies to develop new products and supporting existing products through technical service.
Key duties of the role include:
- Hands-on formulation development and assessment of stability, robustness etc.;
- Application and evaluation of the prototype formulations in use;
- Preparation of reports & dossiers for submission to regulatory authorities;
- Working with procurement to establish suppliers for raw materials;
- Assist with scale-up & transfer of manufacture to Operations Team; and
- Project management of assigned projects.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to substantiate how they meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary education in chemistry or closely related area of science is essential (e.g., polymer or material science), with suitable postgraduate qualifications (i.e., MSc or PhD) deemed desirable
- Several years’ experience in product development within Agrochemical or Coating industries—other relevant industries will also be considered
- Demonstrated success in the commercialisation of a speciality chemical product from initial conception to its release to market
- Practical hands-on capability with formulating speciality chemical products and, whilst maintaining a commitment to EHS requirements, also have a creative flair for solving problems
For more information and to apply, click here. Applications close 15 September.