Biological/Medicinal Chemistry and Materials
Department of Chemistry, University of Otago
The Lecturer in Synthetic Chemistry opportunity offered by the Department of Chemistry, University of Otago, is a full-time, permanent (confirmation path) position.
In this role the successful applicant will contribute to the Department’s excellent teaching and learning culture and to our national and international research profile.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the area(s) of biological/medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry, and to general chemistry at the first year undergraduate level.
- Contribute to the research activities of the Department, including publishing in high-quality peer-reviewed journals, seek external funding support and supervise research students.
- Develop collaborations with colleagues across the University, nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Department and its responsibilities within the University and wider community.
The university is seeking a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- A PhD in chemistry (biological/medicinal chemistry and/or molecular materials synthesis).
- Relevant research experience and a corresponding publication record.
- Be an enthusiastic teacher of chemistry.
- Be committed to developing collaborative working relationships with colleagues and to supporting the University’s Māori, Pacific, and sustainability strategic frameworks.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Applications close: 1 September 2019