About the role
Magritek designs and manufactures innovative scientific instruments in the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and is the global leader in the Benchtop NMR Spectrometer market. Magritek has operations in Europe, North America and Asia/Pacific with markets in Analytical Instruments, Fine Chemicals, Pharma, Foods, and Academic Research & Education.
The benchtop NMR spectrometer business is growing and Magritek is seeking an NMR Applications Scientist who can support our growing business in Asia/Pacific, in particular in China. The role is based in our Wellington office and involves supporting our distributors in the region by assisting with technical questions about NMR and our instruments. The role will also involve travelling to give presentations, demonstrations and talk directly with potential customers to discuss the potential for benchtop NMR measurements on their samples. Good knowledge of NMR and Chemistry, as well as Chinese language skills are essential.
- Degree qualification in chemistry.
- Good background in organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, preferably NMR.
- Effective English and Chinese oral and written communication is essential. Other language capabilities highly desirable
- Able to work independently with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in an international, fast growing company.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
Please send your application (covering letter and CV) together with your earliest possible start date and salary expectations to – email@example.com
13 Jarden Mile