The New Zealand Institute of Chemistry require an administrator and digital communications officer to join their organisation on a part-time basis (7-10 hours a week). The position would suit someone who is confident, can work independently, can communicate easily with a variety of people and can manage their own time effectively. This is a remote working position. Appropriate remuneration will be in line with qualifications and experience.
The society represents some 700 members involved in the profession of chemistry. Members participate in the study, practice, teaching and promotion and management of chemistry. Reporting to the Council, this role will primarily be responsible for managing the day to day running of the organisation. A strong focus on maintaining the digital content of the website (including the membership database) is a must.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain membership database, website, and social media channels
- Authorise and action day to day banking, manage accounts in Xero
- Organise PAYE and GST tax returns to IRD
- Maintain records of the society
- General administration, e.g. correspondence, minute taking at meetings
- Aid in the administration of the NZIC Chemical Education Trust
- Act as main point of contact for members, Branches, and external organisations
Desired skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar position
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience in writing and editing content
- Knowledge of WordPress and Xero
- Familiarity with banking and IRD procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to work with high attention to detail and to tight and ever-changing deadlines
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to: NZIC.Office@gmail.com before the 30th of September 2020.