The LC-MS Specialist position is a full-time opportunity based in Nelson, New Zealand. This position is advertised by CS Executive Group.
The laboratory which the successful applicant will be joining offers a broad spectrum of services to help protect the environment and support the sustainable development of New Zealand’s primary industries. Projects are undertaken in its primary areas of expertise: aquaculture research, marine and freshwater resource management, food safety and quality, algal technologies, biosecurity, and analytical testing.
The successful applicant should have several years’ experience in LC-MS/MS using QQQ, LC-MSn using ion trap and UPLC. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide LC-MS expertise to internal and external research projects
- Undertake method development activities
- Identify and develop new opportunities in use of existing LC-MS systems
- Develop and maintain SOPs to facilitate conducting routine analyses by LC-MS
The ideal applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- At least five years’ experience with LC-MS experience
- A thorough knowledge of UPLC systems interfaced with triple quadrupole (QQQ) and ion trap MS platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot modern LC-MS systems and perform preventative maintenance activities
For more information and to apply, click here.