(Evolve Scientific Recruitment) Seeking a Production/QC Chemist for a position in Wellington, New Zealand.
About the company:
The company is a well-known pharmaceutical company who is currently undergoing substantial growth. Located in Wellington New Zealand, this company manufactures diagnostic products for the New Zealand market.
About the role :
We are currently seeking a Production/QC Chemist who displays initiative and is self-motivated. This role will ensure all products are of high standard and comply with New Zealand and Australian standards.
This role will require working on day and night shift (on a rotating roster).
Your activities/responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operating technical machinery in the production area
- Working in production teams
- Aseptic compounding and dispensing of products
- Developing and performing of QC tests on finished products
- Developing chemistry and procedures for new products
- Developing and following standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Sample preparation and data analysis
- Documentation and report writing
- Managing projects and working in project teams
- Updating and reporting on performance issues
- Assisting with logistics coordination
- General housekeeping duties
What you will bring:
- You will have a tertiary qualification in chemistry or relevant discipline. A post-graduate qualification is desirable.
- You will have practical and theoretical organic and analytical chemistry knowledge. Understanding of chromatography systems would be advantageous.
- Candidates with previous work experience in a pharmaceutical, manufacturing or analytical chemistry role would be ideal and will be highly regarded.
- You will be an effective team member with excellent communication and comprehension skills.
- You will be a quality-focused individual with excellent attention to detail.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, which may require troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Experience with writing SOPs and/or understanding of quality assurance systems would be advantageous.
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills are desirable.
For more information and to apply, please click here.