When a school pays for this membership, any teacher at that school becomes a member of the secondary educators section of the new NZIC Chemistry Education Branch. This secondary section will be the new association of chemistry teachers, which will be known as the “Secondary Chemistry Educators of NZ”, SCENZ.
If you are a “small” school – defined as those schools with a roll of <300 in years 9-13 – you are eligible for a 25% reduction in the membership cost – please register your school here.
Upon joining the NZIC as a school member, the school will receive the following benefits:
- Access to all previous and current year NZIC chemistry NCEA exams at no additional charge. These exams are for the school to use to help prepare their students. These exams are written and checked by past and present NCEA educators. Currently these exams are sold to ~ 250 schools throughout New Zealand.
- Access to resources developed by the Branch to support chemistry teaching and learning in NZ schools
- Access to professional development opportunities that support chemistry teaching in NZ schools
- Receive one electronic copy of the quarterly Chemistry in New Zealand journal.
- Teachers from member schools are eligible to join the NZIC education branch (see above for benefits)
Note: The following rights and benefits are enjoyed by individual members but are NOT part of the School Membership category:
- Voting rights for matters regarding the governance of the NZIC
- An individual copy of Chemistry in New Zealand either in print or electronic form
- Access to the members area of the website
- Notification of and invitation to NZIC regional branch events
- Discounted delegate fees at NZIC sponsored conferences
Membership is $230 (incl GST) per year. An invoice will be emailed to you automatically upon completion of the registration process.
When registering, please use a valid school email address. The NZIC reserves the right to void the membership/remove access if we cannot verify the school details.